How to Use Calendar
Calendar is stored in the User folder root, in iCalendar format (rfc 5545).
Note, that if Web Service is disabled, calendar cannot be served.
First, obtain the calendar URL, either from the Mail Server UI, or Web Interface.
In Mail Server UI:
- Launch the Mail Server User Interface;
- Select Users tab;
- Double click the user;
- On the Edit User window, select Web Interface;
- Copy the URL for the calendar.
The address part of URL may need adjustments, based on the actual address of the web interface of your server.
- Log in as user;
- Click Settings on the top;
- Calendar URL is displayed on the bottom of the Settings page.
- In Thunderbird, select Calendar tab;
- Click a + sign on the left panel, on top of the list of calendars;
- In Create New Calendar box, select On the Network;
- Click Next button;
- Select iCalendar (ICS) as Format;
- In Location box paste the URL of calendar you obtained above. Leave "Offline Support" checkbox checked. Click Next button;
- Type the Name for the calendar, and choose additional options;
- The calendar will be created. Click Finish button, and you are ready to go.
In Thunderbird, you can synchronize the calendar fully. All events are getting posted to the server, and retrieved as needed.
- Click a + sign on the left panel, in the list of calendars;
- In the popup menu, select From URL;
- Paste the URL of calendar, obtained above, and follow instructions.
Unfortunately, Google treats the calendar as read-only. It does retrieve updates, made in Thunderbird, but does not allow to
add, delete, or edit entries.
- On the left panel of calendar, right click either My Calendars or Other Calendars section, and select Add Calendar - From Internet;
- In New Calendar Subscription box, paste the URL of the calendar obtained above, and follow instructions.
Outlook allows to add entries to the calendar, but, unfortunately, does not post them back. They just appear locally. Changes made
through Thunderbird, do appear syncrhonized.
March 10 2021